Over 85% of companies said that within the last year, they had experienced at least one successful cyberattack. Adequate network security monitoring has never been as important as it is now.
The increase of security threats has been more apparent since the growth of remote work, and with a quarter of all jobs in North America projected to be remote by the end of the year, these threats will likely continue to face companies.
In this post, we’ll talk about what you should know regarding network monitoring, and how it can protect your business from cyber threats.
What Is Network Security Monitoring?
Network security monitoring is the process of tracking and analyzing network traffic and activity in order to identify and respond to possible threats. It can help businesses protect their networks from cyberattacks, as well as other malicious activities.
By identifying unusual or suspicious activity, network monitoring can help prevent or mitigate data breaches, lost revenue, and other negative consequences.
Security monitoring for a system’s network is an essential part of any organization’s cybersecurity strategy. By tracking all network traffic and activity, businesses can quickly detect and respond to any potential threats, preventing the stress of losing data or encountering ransomware.
What Does Network Security Look Like?
Network security monitoring can take on many forms, depending on the size of the company and their specific cybersecurity needs. However, a typical network security system includes the following components:
- Intrusion Detection System: A software application that can detect intruders and send an alert to prevent an attack.
- Network Virtualization: Network virtualization on your cloud platform enables scalable security solutions that continually improve and evolve.
- Network Security Gateway: This is a security service that filters web requests according to company policies to prevent unauthorized access.
- Firewall: This is a hardware or software device that can sort through incoming and outgoing information to prevent threats.
- VPN: A VPN or Virtual Private Network is a conduit from your on-prem servers to remote locations that encrypts your data to prevent data compromise.
Invest in Network Security Monitoring with RESULTS Technology
Cybersecurity attacks continue to threaten networks and online systems of modern businesses. Cyber criminals are improving their tactics to expose vulnerabilities in security infrastructures. In order to combat these increasing threats, businesses should invest in network security monitoring.
RESULTS Technology offers comprehensive network security solutions that include a wide range of features to protect your business. Our company continually monitors activity on your network and provides real-time alerts of any suspicious activity. Contact us today for an evaluation and to learn how we can better protect your business.