RESULTS is a fast paced, energetic company that thrives on fresh new ideas to meet our customers' needs. Our culture is fun loving, hardworking and results oriented. Everyone plays a part in our success.
About the Position:
As a Systems Engineer, you will ensure proper infrastructure operation so that end users can accomplish business tasks. This includes actively resolving escalated end user help requests, efficient project planning and execution, and the ability to research and monitor high level issues. Problem resolution may involve the use of diagnostic and help request tracking tools, as well as in-person, hands-on help at the desktop level.
- Alert management to emerging trends in incidents and analyze trends to prevent future problems.
- Collaborate with staff to ensure reliable operation of systems for fulfilling business objectives.
- Work with all levels of the organization to define business requirements and systems goals.
- Identify and resolve business systems issues.
- Assist in software releases and roll-outs according to Change Management best practices.
- Act as an escalation point for advanced help requests.
- Escalate problems through the appropriate channels.
- Apply diagnostic utilities to aid in troubleshooting.
- Install and upgrade software and hardware, implement file backups, and configure systems.
- Monthly maintenance to ensure patching and anti-virus is up to date.
- Test fixes to ensure problem has been adequately resolved.
- Perform post-resolution follow ups with Tier I Engineers as required.
- Reinforce and self-manage Service Level Agreements to ensure end-user expectations.
- Degree in the field of computer science and/or 4 years’ equivalent work experience.
- Knowledge of advanced computer hardware.
- 3-5 years of experience with desktop systems up to Windows 10.
- 3-5 years of experience with Microsoft SQL and Exchange Server.
- 2-3 years of experience with server systems up to Server 2012.
- 2-3 years of experience with network design, architecture and implementation.
- Extensive application support experience.
- Working knowledge of a range of diagnostic utilities.
- Exceptional written and oral communication skills.
- Exceptional interpersonal skills, with a focus on building rapport, listening and questioning skills.
- Strong documentation skills and keen attention to detail.
- Ability to conduct research into a wide range of computing issues is required.
- Ability to absorb and retain information quickly.
- Ability to present ideas in user-friendly, business-friendly and technical language.
- Highly self-motivated and directed.
- Proven analytical and problem-solving abilities.
- Ability to effectively prioritize and execute tasks in a high-pressure environment.
- Exceptional customer service orientation.
- Experience working in a team-oriented, collaborative environment.
- Have a valid driver’s license and are able to lift and carry basic computer equipment.
- Server OS / Migrations / Architecture
- Windows Desktop of any flavor
- 365 – Hosted / Hybrid
- Switches / Networking
Position Type and Expected Hours of Work: This is a full-time position. Days and hours of work are Monday through Friday, 8:00 a.m. to 5 p.m. Occasional evening and weekend work may be required as job duties demand.
Travel: There are two positions. One is based in Kansas City and the other in St. Louis. You must be able to travel to client sites around the Kansas City or St. Louis metro area depending on where you are based.
Benefits: RESULTS Technology offers health, dental and vision insurance, 401K, paid vacation, paid volunteer hours, life and disability insurance and pre-tax flexible spending accounts.
Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
If you are a type of person who loves challenges and enjoys people, send your resume to: email@example.com