RESULTS is a fast paced, energetic company that thrives on fresh new ideas to meet our customers' needs. Our culture is fun loving, hardworking and results oriented. Everyone plays a part in our success.
Service Desk Specialist
please read the entire job brief before submitting your resume.
We are looking for a Service Desk Specialist to provide technical support to users in a time efficient and accurate manner. Candidates must have excellent customer service skills and be passionate about technology and helping people. As a Service Desk Specialist, you will be the customer's first contact when calling in with an issue. You must be capable of collecting information through customer conversation and solving basic computer problems like password resets, basic troubleshooting and installing software.
- Provide first-level contact and convey resolutions to customer issues.
- Walk customers through the problem-solving process.
- Track, route and properly escalate unresolved queries to the next level of support.
- Follow up with customers, provide feedback and see problems through to resolution.
- Utilize excellent customer service skills and exceed customers' expectations.
- Ensure proper recording, documentation and closure.
- Provide after hours and on-call support as needed
- Other duties may be added and/or assigned as needed by supervisor
- Minimum of 1- 2 years of experience in an actively employed service/helpdesk position in the IT industry
- Must be reliable
- Exceptional interpersonal skills, with a focus on building rapport, listening and questioning skills.
- Strong documentation skills and keen attention to detail.
- Ability to effectively prioritize and execute tasks in a high-pressure environment.
- Proven working experience in providing help desk support
- Proficiency in English
- Associate degree in Information Technology, Computer Science or equivalent
- Have a valid driver's license and are able to lift and carry basic computer equipment. Ability to pass a background check.
- Must be a team player
- Desktops/Laptop Hardware
- Computer Peripherals (Sound, Monitors, Mouse, etc.)
- Current Microsoft Windows Operating Systems
- Current Apple Computer Operating Systems
- Encryption Software
- Microsoft Office
- Banking Software
- Virus Scans and Removal
- Active Directory
Position Type and Expected Hours of Work: This is a full-time position. Days and hours of work are Monday through Friday, 8:00 a.m. to 5 p.m. Occasional evening and weekend work may be required as job duties demand.
Travel: This position is in Lenexa, Kansas. You must be able to travel to client sites around the Kansas City metro area.
Benefits: RESULTS Technology offers health, dental and vision insurance, 401K, paid vacation, paid volunteer hours, life and disability insurance and pre-tax flexible spending accounts.
Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
If you are a type of person who loves challenges and enjoys people, send your resume to: firstname.lastname@example.org