Do you love helping people solve their technology problems? Do you dream about firewalls, peripherals, and backup software? If you answered yes, then have we got a job for you!
RESULTS Technology is a leading provider of proactive IT solutions for small and mid-sized businesses. We are consistently ranked as one of the best IT firms in both Kansas City and St. Louis. RESULTS is a fast paced, energetic IT company that thrives on fresh innovative ideas to meet our customers’ needs. Our culture is fun loving, hardworking and results oriented. Everyone plays a part in our success.
As a System Engineer, you will ensure proper infrastructure operation so that end-users can accomplish business tasks. This includes actively resolving escalated end-user help requests, efficient project planning and execution, and the ability to research and monitor high level issues. Problem resolution may involve the use of diagnostic and help request tracking tools, as well as in-person, hands-on support with server and networking equipment.
- The ability to see projects through to completion and function in a team environment.
- Collaborate with staff to ensure reliable operation of systems for fulfilling business objectives.
- Work with all levels of the organization to define business requirements and systems goals.
- Identify and resolve business systems issues.
- Assist in software releases and rollouts according to Change Management best practices.
- Act as an escalation point for advanced help requests.
- Escalate problems through the appropriate channels.
- Apply diagnostic utilities to aid in troubleshooting.
- Install and upgrade software and hardware, hardware, implement file backups, and configure systems.
- Test fixes to ensure problem has been resolved.
- >Perform post-resolution follow ups with Engineers as required.
- Be able to work with the sales department in a Presales capacity.
- Reinforce and self-manage SLAs to ensure end-user expectations.
You must have an associate degree in Information Technology/Computer Science (or equivalent) and/or 4 year’s equivalent work experience.
- Advanced Knowledge of computer hardware
- 5 years of experience with
- desktop systems up to Windows 10
- Microsoft SQL / Exchange / Office 365
- server systems up to Server 2019
- network design, architecture, and implementation
- Extensive application support experience
- Working knowledge of a range of diagnostic utilities
- Exceptional written and oral communication and interpersonal skills.
- Strong documentation skills and keen attention to detail.
- Ability to conduct research into a wide range of computing issues is required.
- Ability to absorb and retain information quickly.
- Ability to present ideas in user-friendly, business-friendly, and technical language.
- Highly self-motivated and directed.
- Proven analytical and problem-solving abilities.
- Ability to effectively prioritize and execute tasks in a high-pressure environment.
- Exceptional customer service orientation.
- Experience working in a team-oriented, collaborative environment.
- Experience with O365, Meraki, Autotask, Datto, and SonicWALL a plus.
You are extra qualified if you have supported IT systems for financial institutions (Banks, Credit Unions, etc) or have prior experience working for a managed services provider!
As there will be occasional need for onsite visits, candidates vaccinated against COVID-19 are preferred.
This is a full-time position that will pay between $50-$75,000/year, depending on experience. Hours of operation are Monday through Friday, 7am to 6pm CST. Our staff works varying 8 hours shifts, ensuring that we are available to service our clients. Our Service Desk does participate in an on-call rotation to service any after-hours and emergency requests. Some after-hours work may be required to facilitate work on time sensitive service requests and completion of projects. We are closed on major holidays.
WHY SHOULD YOU APPLY?
RESULTS Technology offers unlimited PTO, 401K, life and disability insurance, pre-tax flexible spending accounts and free employee health insurance!
This position can start immediately for the right person, and you will be thoroughly trained in a supportive encouraging atmosphere. We are an equal opportunity employer.
Go to our about page to learn more about our company and our culture!
Our headquarters is in Overland Park, KS, where we service our clients throughout the Kansas City Metro, St. Louis Metro, and beyond. Our staff has transitioned to working from home and thus this will be a remote position. Though it is preferred that you reside within the Kansas City Metro or St. Louis Metro, it is not an absolute requirement.