Cyber security and Network Security
Network outages, data compromised by hackers, computer viruses and other incidents affect our lives in ways that range from inconvenient to life-threatening. As the number of mobile users, digital applications and data networks increase, so do the opportunities for exploitation.
What is Cyber Security?
Cyber security, also referred to as information technology security, focuses on protecting computers, networks, programs and data from unintended or unauthorized access, change or destruction.
Why is Cyber Security Important?
Governments, military, corporations, financial institutions, hospitals and other businesses collect, process and store a great deal of confidential information on computers and transmit that data across networks to other computers. With the growing volume and sophistication of cyber attacks, ongoing attention is required to protect sensitive business and personal information, as well as safeguard national security.
No one device or piece of software can protect your business from modern malware. It takes a complete program to maximize cybersecurity.
The 5 Ps
RESULTS follows the 5 P’s to provide a comprehensive cybersecurity solution. We follow (and provide you with)
- Policies – We help you develop and follow the most stringent IT Security Policies.
- Permission – We help you determine and set appropriate permissions to limit access (and potential damage) to critical information.
- Patches – We keep Patches current on Microsoft and other applications to keep ahead of the bad guys.
According to the Annual Verizon 2015 Data Breach Investigations Report, “97% of exploits were from a list of just 10 published vulnerabilities.”
- People – We train your People to recognize phishing attempts and resist clicking through Security Awareness Training – a proven way to reduce your risk.
According to the Annual Verizon 2015 Data Breach Investigations Report, “Phishing accounts for 20% of recorded security incidents.”
- Program – We combine all of these services together into a comprehensive IT security Program.